Yesterday, I was tickling my son. His laughter rang through my ears, and actually caused me to start laughing too! He loves being tickled, and loves laughing! It’s amazing how fabulous laughing makes you feel! When I was starting to feel well after my long bout with post-partum depression, I sat down and watched, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and I started to laugh! Until the laughter started, I hadn’t realized how long it had been since I last laughed! And at the same moment, I realized how good I felt! And I stared laughing throughout the movie. And it seemed that after I laughed that night, I was finding things in my life to be happy about again!
It’s amazing how easily and readily children start laughing. Its a part of who they are. So…we were all children once upon a time, thus laughter is in our blood-literally! Children are spontaneous & often do things in life that, we as adults, wouldn’t think twice about! Put your chocolate birthday cake all over yourself and smile about it!
Are you smiling yet?! Maybe even feeling a bit like a laugh could come along?
I know when we are stuck in a rut, or feeling depressed, its really challenging to just read along and change your state; so do something intentional to change your state:
- Turn on a movie that’s always made you laugh,
- Go on YouTube and search for something funny
- If you have your own little one, laughing along with them while you tickle them.
- Go out with friends, who always seem to laugh about something
- Play with your dog or pet
Whatever it is that you discover to make you laugh, know that by laughing, you are making yourself healthier!
- Laughter relaxes your whole body
- it boosts your immune system
- it releases endorphins–your body’s natural feel good chemicals
- it protects your heart–protects your blood vessels and increases the flow of blood
- For more medical support on laughter’s good effects, check out:
Give Your Body a Boost-With Laughter by WebMD
Stress Management: Laughter is Good for You
So do something really wonderful for yourself and Laugh-Out-Loud! LOL!
Blessings, Erin, Bella Bleue
Copyright, the blog, Bella Bleue Healing Health and Inspiration for Your Life